Fashion Time   +  outfits

a classic or just so '90s?



Since an obsession with them in 1999/2000 and subsequent overdose and exclusion of them from my wardrobe, I've wondered if the denim jacket would ever feel fresh again. I think I was inching in their direction with this ensemble, and you know, even the revered Ashley Olsen stepped out in a Western denim shirt this week. Scary stuff.

Oh, and to the rather astute reader who asked if I had gotten a new camera, why yes I have! My old Sony DSC-T10 died an abrupt death when dropped (a mere couple feet! but on cement..) during an unexpectedly crazy night out, and I had been using my boyfriend's Casio that I gave him for his birthday last year. This of course wracked me with guilt over being a present-user, as much as he insisted he didn't care. Anyway, I hopped into Target after yoga (to everyone who asks if I work out...yoga with weights) on Monday and purchased a brand new shiny shiny in the form of a Sony DSC-W55(memory card incompatibility with any other camera makes me brand loyal..clever company) and am quite pleased with it. Very little lag time, and pretty crisp quality, no? This Carl Zeiss person is good. I'm not that bitter about my old one...it was over a year old (gasp!) and I got it in Tokyo so was left quite in the dark in regards to menu options..my kanji isn't that good even after years of bitterly endured (Saturday-stealing!) Japanese schooling as a child. So it's quite refreshing to be able to toy with almost overly numerous options...beach setting to make the water appear more blue? Really? I will, of course, be trying it.

Jacket, vintage Levi's. Skirt, vintage. Shirt (it's actually more charcoal gray than black..this matters), Urban Outfitters. Gladiator heels, Nine West. Ankle socks, scrounged up at Marshall's. Rings, Forever21. Bag, Balenciaga.

Relevant pictures: