Fashion Time   +  runway

Alexander Wang FW08
My favorites from Alexander Wang's show this week..I first fell in love with him after I read an article in Vogue about how he found early inspiration in the skater kids of San Francisco, and proceeded to promptly become infatuated with his high waisted skirts, vest dresses, and the most perfect basics imaginable, which were all styled to perfection to heighten desirability to intolerable levels.

I was beyond excited to witness the fruition of the Wang and Wasson teamup and so happy to find it was worth all the hype. Tough and boyish, the clothes channeled raw sexuality with daring cuts and the clashing of beaten up denim and leather and fluid knits. I'm not even minding the runny tights - in conjunction with oversized zipper boots, scrunchy black legwarmers, almost grim-looking skull caps, and the most perfect long vest ever created, it all blends into one gloriously cohesive collection that I kind of want one of everything from. It seems Erin has also been at work styling his website imagery, as everything below also rather screams the uncomplicated mussed-up cool that has become her signature.

(click here to watch a video of Erin and Alex in the studio..)PS if you're a size 7 and love the boots in the last photo as much as I do, I'm selling what is pretty much the exact same pair in my store here. And I will be madly jealous of whoever wins them because they were just a smidge too small for me and I so NEEDED them to fit! Much woe.

Behind the scenes:Runway and Erin images, style.com. All others, alexanderwang.com.