Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

Tara Subkoff for Bebe
When I first heard tell of Tara for Bebe, I squealed inwardly with excitement, images of her relatively fabulous/quirky personal style, her much-coveted-by-me Easy Spirit line (I never mustered up the cash for a pair of my own), and her adorable character in The Last Days of Disco flitting through my mind gleefully. And then the photos surfaced...overly Valentine's-inspired (this is relevant for approximately one week of the year) and cheesy. I can barely recognize Tara through the wrappy ruffles and am pretty sure that lookalikes of these items could be find at any cheaper mall store. I suppose I expected more of someone with such close ties to Sevigny. The stripey top/skirt ensemble is cute but I'm pretty sure that everyone already has some version of these items in their wardrobes. Props for the monochromatic red outfit though, pretty intrepid for a company as mass as Bebe.However, a couple clicks through their shoe section had me lusting after these two-tone sandals. Bebe can always be relied upon for having a couple lustworthy, almost misogynistically vertiginous heels. These would be perfect for achieving the Teen Vogue-inspired ankle sock/strappy sandal look noted previously.

All pics, bebe.com.