Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

How...subtle..
It seems Bebe has increased their trendwatcher's budget and they seem to have taken inspiration from numerous unexpected sources this season. I can't say I'm against them trying to bring a little Givenchy into the average Betty's life but still. My favorite part is the twists they give each shoe, sometimes radically altering the entire look, most notably the executive decision to make the Givenchy peep-toe lace-ups into a slide. Which can't have been done because they didn't think their rhinestone and satin-bedecked customer wasn't ready for the peep-toe boot since those too have made an appearance. I have to see this one for myself and will be scheduling an unexpected visit to my nearest Bebe sometime this week. If I return with the Schouler k/os in hand you can't say you didn't see it coming.

Sources: bebe, shopbop, barney's, yoox,