Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

Camille Couture
Hmm how to begin...well this is definitely one of the coolest things that has happened to me so far in my relatively brief blogging history, and just goes to show you how much fun it can be to join the fashion blog network at large. I had taken notice of Childhood Flames, run by the lovely and very leggy Camille, through the Fashion Spot a little while ago and was rather taken aback by the juxtaposition of her rather apparent youth and her innate sense of basics-with-a-twist dressing. We even share some rather specific clothing items in common, from our Forever21 leather jackets and Nine West gladiators to some scattered AA items (salt & pepper hoodie, black u-neck dress), which made me smile.When I saw her DIY post about this Isabel Marant skirt that I had been hoping to find a low-end or vintage version of FOREVER, I practically started frothing at the mouth with desire for one. A couple extremely sweet messages, some slightly agonizing color choices, and a money order later, I received in the mail my two Marant-ish skirts, one in a light light gray and the other in a neutral brown color I had loved on her. So so fabulous, these will definitely be in heavy rotation. I went the basic-ish and runway inspired route for this first time wear but am excited to play with them a little more when I am feeling healthier (random stomach affliction caused me to have to work from home yesterday). The puffy shape and slightly wrinkly fabric make for the perfect casual but still special feel, and I think they will be rather fun to pair different shoes and tights/socks options with. So thank you Camille, I can't express how much I love these properly with words.

I started out with the basic loose jumper/twisty belt idea - anyone have any idea how to get a belt to stay like this for more than five minutes? I'll just have to do the Natasha Poly (headless model, above) extra-long belt tuck I guess:Then came a newer acquisition, this H&M leopard print scarf for some sass...or something:Top and belt, thrifted Banana Rebublic. Hat, Forever21. Socks, Target. Maryjanes, Nine West. Jewelry, vintage. Scarf, H&M. Bag, vintage Anne Klein.

Photos, childhoodflames and elle