Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

To Café Mode


I've been meaning to post this forever now, I think it's one of the most inconceivably high honors I've experienced as a blogger. I'm sure it's relatively apparent from my general rantings that I, along with most cognitive humans, am more than mildly obsessed with Parisian everything (check out that header!) and have long been spying about on Café Mode, furtively saving photos and being entranced by that certain French..magic. Géraldine always manages to capture a stylish essence that is wholly recognizable, even if showcasing something you wouldn't necessarily wear yourself. Her coverage so far at Hyères has been arresting and that Louise is slowly killing me with her charmingly imperfect perfection.

So, with all of that in mind, I am still in a daze that she dedicated a post to me..I literally thought I was seeing things when my photos loaded on her page and wanted to say THANK YOU to Géraldine (hopefully someday we will have that coffee together)! Equipped with my high school/college French I read through her words and have never been so flattered. Plus now I have all these awesome French readers that I love.

Somewhat relevantly, my mom is going to Paris in two weeks to stay in an apartment with a friend from Switzerland for a week. Seriously. My mom is so much cooler than I am. Between bouts of raging jealous fits I am squeezing in time to construct a list of items I am taking the liberty to ask her to purchase. She, sadly, probably won't. I even told her she could take iPhone photos of vintage Chanels and YSL star brooches at Colette and I would yes/no (YES) them for her but I think I am going to have to come up with more convincing tactics. Like planning my own trip to Paris! Hmmmm...