Fashion Time   +  wishlist

Current Obsession: The Kooples
photo from notcot
I first learned about French label The Kooples from The Search For Chic when she blogged about her sublime beige suede ankle boots that she got from there on a recent trip to Paris. Hoping to find a men's version of those boots, I googled the store and was stoked to find them. Just like that, I became a fan.Touted by The Skeleton Legs as a hybrid of American Apparel and APC, that only spells The Kooples as double goodness to me. It's pure French nonchalance with a hint of London dandy rocker: quality, quiet yet subversive pieces that you'd want to wear over and over.

This cardigan with epaulettes and a built-in scarf is unlike anything I've seen before.And so are these black skinny cargo pants, just perfect.I have yet to learn to wear a proper printed silk scarf, and this double scarf in silk and cashmere seems like the best way to get started.Pocket square on a t-shirt, something new to try.And the main object of my obsession, the beige suede boots! Santiags, I think, is what they're called over there. See how great they look against dark denim.I can not not get them on my impending trip. My dearest Parisian readers, or those Parisians at heart, any other must-visit shops in Paris you would like to recommend? Do share via comments, it shall be appreciated muchly. Thanks!