Fashion Time   +  Then and Now

i've got the money if you've got the time
I saw a photo over at Child of the Moon (such a super-genius blog) that I quite enjoyed and wanted to share: I liked the ad for whatever reason -- I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be funny in a way that I suppose I am too ignorant to understand, or if there wasn't a real point to it besides having a real pretty model carting this particular brand of cigarettes. Then I remembered why I liked it. I vaguely remember during my Michelle Williams obsession (early-2007) seeing a photo that was done of her during filming of "I'm Not There." Michelle played the character Coco Rivington, the "queen of the underground," an Edie Sedgwick-type that interacts with Cate Blanchett's Jude Quinn (the mid-60s Bob Dylan-type character). Now I admit that I am a bad person and haven't yet seen "I'm Not There" (though I am recording it tonight on HBO) so I don't know if this photo is utilized at all in the film. Here is just another example of vintage-inspired photography being pretty successful -- I think that Michelle looks gorgeous here.