Fashion Time   +  shopping

April 77 Fall '09
I always look forward to seeing the April 77 look books, the styling is consistently impeccable. How they balance wearability and do-ability with producing a look book that is directional astounds me. For Fall 2009, April 77 brings us a fresh blend of tribal prints, folksy fringe, and traditional American workwear, all with that lingering aftertaste of French rock and roll.

That plaid tunic intrigues me, though I'm 99% sure I wouldn't wear it as a dress. But I would wear the poncho on the left with a wide-brimmed straw hat for intense folksiness. (collage from Mode Man)The beat-up Dr. Martens are to die for, and I need those tribal-print fingerless gloves in my life.The more familiar rock and roll side of April 77. They've made layered silver bangles quite masculine. Is that a sweat suit to the right? Looks amazing.The plaid shirts are fine, but I know I could get a shirt of similar look and quality from the high street. However, I am seriously coveting these beige suede bucks (as well as all the other shoes in this look book) and that fiery mop top on the guy below. Why was I not born a readhead?EDIT: Speaking of Dr. Martens, I saw these at the mall today, at 50% off. Bronze eight-hole Dr. Martens: yay or nay?