Fashion Time   +  tailoring

The Frustrated Designer Part 2: The Chiffon Shirt
There was another fabric that I bought together with the floral silk that I turned into a shirt, one that is arguably harder to work with than the pink rose-laden fabric. Yes, I did buy a couple of yards of black and white square-print chiffon to make into a button-down shirt. If the floral silk risked going into grandmotherly territory, there was a serious possibility my chiffon shirt would look like a tacky aunt's blouse. Aware of the risk, I knew that on the design front, slightly more input would have to come from me this time.I had the collar done in black for visual contrast, and had it made more structured to stand up to the light flowiness of the chiffon. It was also my idea to have two front pockets placed, in an effort to minimize diaphanousness in the area where pockets go, in order to eliminate the need for an undershirt, which could take away from the drape and lightness of the shirt. Here it is worn:Plotting my next sartorial schemes... Ray-Ban Wayfarers, chiffon shirt designed by me, Casio calculator watch, tailor-made pants, black patent Dr. Martensclose-up of the shoes

On a hot and humid day, nothing beats wearing a chiffon shirt that weighs next to nothing.