Fashion Time   +  shopping

Of Jumpsuits and Hawaiian-Print Jersey Rayon Suits: Discovering Tim Soar
I learned of the existence of a certain designer Tim Soar just a few moments ago via a post on Style Salvage. I was inexplicably drawn to this particular ensemble:a three-button suit in Hawaiian-print jersey washed rayon, worn by the designer himself. I suppose my enchantment could be explained the presence of three things in this suit: the outlandish print, the comfortable jersey fabric, and the fact that it was a suit, complete with buttons and a lapel. This is easily my dumbest impulse want ever.

Still high from my suit-crush, I went on to look up the designer and his collections. To my eye-popping amusement, I found an unusually high concentration of things that I love:
jumpsuitsThough I admit the wide-legged linen jumpsuit to the left might look better on a lady, I could think of tens of ways I could wear that grayish blue stonewashed wonder on the right.
Doc Martensbelted long coatsSide note, on which model would it be better to showcase a long boxy coat belted at the waist than on fashionably manorexic Ash Stymest? I swear, he is such an effective model.
odd printsThe naked lady turtleneck takes the concept of the snuggly sweater to a whole different level.and oddly shaped trousers galore!Tim Soar is everything that I respond to in menswear nowadays: fresh talent, experimental fabrics and silhouettes, a joyful outlook, clean tailoring, all while managing to retain a semblance of wearability. Why oh why is it that I had heard of his sartorial genius just now?