Fashion Time   +  modern

penny lane is in my ears and in my eyes
As with most every girl, one of my personal heroes is Miss Penny Lane, Kate Hudson's character in the flick Almost Famous. The original Band-Aide, there to inspire the music and support the band, Penny Lane has the qualities that seem requisites of a true rock muse. She is equal parts goofy, romantic, innocent, and knowing; a girl who will dance barefoot on an auditorium's stage or sing along to "Tiny Dancer" on a tour bus; she has that certain twinkle in her eyes, one that makes every man want to right their own Layla for her.
But aside from that, Penny is still a lost little girl. Underneath her curly hair and shearling coats, she is still that vulnerable Lady Goodman, someone who will be driven to Quaaludes if the guitarist with mystique turns her down. Truth be told, I aspire to be Penny Lane. I will spend a year living in Morocco with an entirely different name and be an entirely different person. I will befriend David Bowie and his bodyguard Dennis, swoon over my own Russell Hammond, and make friends with only musicians because, truth be told, famous people just are more interesting. And when these dreams become a reality, I will turn to my fellow Band-Aides and say in awe, "it's all happening."