Fashion Time   +  outfit post

The Pajama Pirate
I finally got to wear my satin waistband pajama pants with no. 1 of probably two tops among my entire wardrobe of t-shirts, polos, button-downs and sweaters that go well with these hard-to-wear trousers.Ray-Ban oversize Wayfarers, APC chambray shirt, satin waistband pajama pants designed by me, Hermes bracelet, Swear shoes
When Steve of Hard Liquor, Soft Holes commented a few posts ago that these pants were very Dries, he wasn't kidding.satin-waistband pajama pants from Dries Van Noten Spring 2008
Funny thing was, I never really had Dries as an inspiration when I had my pj pants made, much less did I bring a photo of the Dries pants and have the tailor copy them. (I do admit to imitation or even partial inspiration!) I guess when you love a designer's creative vision so much, nuggets of the designer's aesthetic become so ingrained in you, they become part of your design vocabulary.