Fashion Time   +  Marianne Faithfull

the first real step...
My first act in the Dolly Rocker Girl project is that I have made it my goal to finally learn how to play the guitar. No matter how swoon-worthy I think it is whenever a boy knows how to play guitar, I always thinks its so cool when girls can strum a tune. Think of all the girls out there who can play guitar - Marianne, Jane, Francoise, Mary - so many!I've already made a list of songs I want to learn: Blackbird, Mother Nature's Son, I Will, Wild Horses, House of the Rising Sun (Marianne Faithfull version, natch), Goodbye, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Quite ambitious, I know, but I have faith that I am motivated and bored enough to actually go through with it this time.
Anyone out there have any suggestions for a guitar novice? I'm teaching myself, which may turn out to be a huge mistake, but I'm adamant in doing this.