Fashion Time   +  random rambles

Dolly Rocker Girl's List of New Years Resolutions
Sadly as the Noughties came to an end, I was in the mythical land of New Jersey where nary a modem or wifi was found, and I couldn't celebrate with all you dolly girls and boys. Hopefully your New Years were fab, filled with glittery kisses and champagne wishes. Because I couldn't lay 2009 to rest with all of you. I offer my list of resolutions to jump off what is sure to be a fantastic year.
  1. Have a love affair with glamour - in the immortal words of Tracy Jordan, "dress every day like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes." Wouldn't you rather be caught dead in a 60s shift dress and a great bra than sweats and Uggs? Perhaps that's a bit morose, but think of it this way - you never know who you'll meet, look fabulous for every encounter.
  2. Don't sit on the sidelines and let things happen - go out and do what you want to do!
  3. Envision the person you want to be, then be it - this year, I want to have Sharon Tate’s unfailing sweetness, Pattie Boyd’s charm, Marianne Faithfull’s wit and knowledge, Anita Pallenberg’s mysteriousness, Marilyn Monroe’s naïveté, Edie Sedgwick’s etherealness, Grace Kelly’s sophistication, Brigitte Bardot’s sultriness, and Jane Asher’s quiet class.
  4. Learn how to make a yummy dish and make it your own!
  5. Find a signature scent - for as long as I can remember, my dad has always smelled of Christian Dior cologne and a hint of smoke. That smell is unmistakably him, and I wish that I could find something for myself that was so defining.
  6. Fall in love (or in crush)!
  7. Send letters to the people you've always wanted to - I've already got my list started: former teachers, old friends, Joan Fontaine, Elizabeth Taylor ... I've always wanted to be pen pals with screen legend.
  8. Learn lessons from the greats - read books on or about people throughout history, anyone from Marianne Faithfull to Gandhi, and learn lessons of their lives.
  9. Eat healthier and with purpose - a resolution staple, the vow to exercise and eat better has held a permanent spot on my (and pretty much everyone else's) resolution lists. But I swear I will try better this year.
  10. Throw a fantastic party at home, complete with theme, costumes, and decorations.