Fashion Time   +  watches

Staples at the Supermarket
This blog is witness to how experimental I can be with fashion. With every post, I try to put forth some little novel idea on how to dress, whether it be a new silhouette of trousers, resurrecting seemingly outdated styles of footwear, or simply a different way of wearing shirts. But the truth is, much as I try, I just can't dress like everyday is fashion week; not every single outfit I step out of the house in is governed by one earth-shaking idea.golden eyes at the grocery
I have a uniform for those days, and it's pretty much comprised of different versions of the same elements. This outfit that I submitted for Style Salvage's Style Stalking feature on me (many many thanks, EJ and Steve!) happens to show all of those.Super sunglasses, Urban Outfitters shirt, Cartier watch, J. Crew khakis, Opening Ceremony desert boots
These are The Dandy Project's Style Staples:
1. statement eyewearI thought my Super sunglasses above screamed tropical vacation, hence the pair and I have been inseparable for the past couple of weeks. I think statement eyewear does wonders at lending a sense of authenticity to an ensemble.These glasses by Selima Optique remind me so much of a pair I found at Facial Index, my newest favorite modern Japanese optician in SoHo.
2. the printed short sleeved shirtRight now, I like to wear them in a relaxed fit, untucked, and always buttoned up to the collar.The best ones are those you design yourself. Shirt by me
3. a watchMore than being a functional instrument of time-telling, a watch, I believe, tells people around you volumes about who you are. I rarely leave home without one.The IWC Portuguese in steel+navy alligator is understated and handsome. from irming.us
4. too-short trousersI always say that cropped trousers make me feel taller because I look as if I've grown too tall for my pants.These wide-legged cords from Kolor look clowny-cool rolled up. via Opening Ceremony
5. bootsI remain enamored with the genius combination of rolled-up pants and boots.The Common Projects officer's combat boot is, in my opinion, the closest to perfect you're gonna find. via Revolve Clothing