Fashion Time   +  inspirations

NOT TOO POSH
Mood [Okay]
Currently Playing [None]


I came across the magazine in Wal-Mart the other day when I was picking up Hello Kitty bandages and hangers. I have always been a huge fan of VB, of her style, her Hermès and of course, her smoking hot body. The photos are amazing in this shoot and it really shows a side of Posh that I wasn't aware of. She actually looks so CUTE with the puppy and "cute" is not a word I thought I would ever use to describe her.

Here is the intervew that she did for Glamour:

GLAMOUR: I’ve come with questions for you from Glamour readers. This one is from Alanna8 on glamour .com: If you were to find yourself with a free day, how would you spend it?

Victoria Beckham: I travel a fair amount, and when I’m here in L.A., everything revolves around the kids. So if I’m not working, I go to the school and help serve lunches to the children. They just love that. It’s like, Oh, there’s Mummy serving me! The other day I was there, I was reading to Cruz’s class. All the little girls were saying, “We really like your dress.” And it was quite cute because I don’t have a girl.

GLAMOUR: What are the things in life that make you smile? That’s from Vivian Sachs on Facebook.

VB: My children and my husband make me smile. My work makes me smile. When I was in New York the day before the [last fashion] presentation…you’re trying to fit the models, [do] the hair and the makeup, and the anxiety makes you almost sick, but I’m like a pig in mud! That makes me smile.

GLAMOUR: You say you are “incredibly ordinary” looking. That’s a quote. And yet you put yourself out there in the incredible hair and makeup, the perfect outfits. Where does that come from?

VB: I love fashion, and that’s how I express myself…. I think about [what I’m going to wear] before I go to bed at night…. When I dress in a certain way and do my hair and makeup in a certain way, it’s not to get attention. I’m not a supermodel. I make the best of what I’ve got. I work out to look the best that I can, but I’m no Gisele.

GLAMOUR: Let’s talk about your work as a designer. Your dress collection is not inexpensive, and the world is in an economic crunch right now. Why are they selling so well?

VB: I consider all of my pieces to be investment pieces. A dress shouldn’t be worn for one season—you should be able to wear it year after year.

GLAMOUR: How about jeans? What makes a great pair?

VB: I’m such a perfectionist; I’ve worked really hard [with my team] to get it right. It’s got to be a great silhouette—long, slim legs. Really good design. I’m not saying that you’ve got to be a stick to wear them. You can be all different shapes and sizes.

GLAMOUR: Let’s get back to the readers’ questions. Tania Foster wrote in on Facebook to ask: What’s it like being a former Spice Girl? Is it part of your life you look back on?

VB: I’m so appreciative of all the girls. We’re all still friends; I still send all of the Spice Babies birthday presents. I’m really respectful of my past, and I look back and I laugh. What we did was incredible. We sold 52 million albums!

GLAMOUR: Fifty-two million! And do you listen to your albums? What do you think of it all?

VB: You cringe at the clothes. But, yeah, I do [listen]. The kids like to watch Spice World, and we sing along and watch Mummy be a pop star.

GLAMOUR: This one’s from Asma Ali: Don’t your back, knees and feet hurt from all of those heels you wear?

VB: Absolutely they hurt. Absolutely! I’m not going to lie. But no pain, no gain, as they say. I don’t mind. I will suffer. I don’t wear heels every day, but when I’m out, that’s how I feel confident.

GLAMOUR: These are from glamour.com reader Durini09: What do you think is the sexiest thing about a woman? And how do you always look so flawless?

VB: I think the sexiest thing about a woman is confidence, but confidence in a humble way, not in an arrogant way. Sense of humor is definitely important. And sunglasses always hide a multitude of sins. Sunglasses and a great pair of heels can turn most outfits around.

GLAMOUR: Let’s move on to a sexier subject: your husband. Reader Karen D. wants to know: “Is Victoria a jealous person? I love her husband with a passion.”

VB: It’s not healthy to be jealous. I look at David and I think, He’s so handsome and I’m so lucky to have him as a husband. And he’s an amazing father. I don’t blame people for looking at him and finding him attractive. I mean, I do.

GLAMOUR: So you enjoy it a bit when people drool?

VB: Well, I wouldn’t say that I enjoy it. I understand it because I drool over him.

GLAMOUR: When you met him, did you think this guy would be an incredible father? Or was it a surprise to you?

VB: When I first met him, it was after a soccer match, and all of the players [were in the] players’ lounge. David was sitting in the corner with his [family]. From the moment I met him, I knew that he wasn’t a bloke-y bloke.

GLAMOUR: You had some sense of that when you met him?

VB: Yeah. I believe in love at first sight. I met my soulmate with David.

GLAMOUR: Tamiblue on glamour.com asks: “What were her first thoughts of David the first time that they went out? I know what mine would be.”

VB: When I first went out with David, I was in the Spice Girls, and David wasn’t so known. He told me when I got to know him a little better that he didn’t know very much about me, so he bought tabloids. He read that I liked Prada. So he went out and bought Prada trousers, Prada shoes, a Prada shirt, Prada jacket.

GLAMOUR: That’s so cute.

VB: Yeah, and it was all navy blue and he looked very chic.

GLAMOUR: Patricia Diaz from Facebook wants to know: Do you ever eat?

VB: I’ve had those questions for so many years; I’d probably be dead by now [if I didn’t]. I’m a very, very healthy eater. I eat lots of fish, lots of vegetables, lots of fruit. I don’t eat junk food. I work out. That’s the only time I get upset by things written about me—when people write irresponsible things about my weight…. I appreciate that young girls look up to me. And I take that very seriously.

GLAMOUR: Are there any celebrities you look up to—who make you nervous?

VB: Nervous in a good way. I [once] shared a plane with George Clooney. I still get excited. My mum and I said, “Oh my God” … I’m leading an extraordinary life. I never try to be too cool about [it].
L:Burberry Prorsum coat, Victoria Beckham Eyewear sunglasses, Louis Vuitton shoulder bag, Chopard earrings
R: Wildfox Couture T-shirt, Victoria Beckham Denim jeans, Chopard earrings