Fashion Time   +  styling

of silly sweats and chain-strap bags
Finnish designer Fernando Korpi may not be the designer to produce the most cohesive of collections, but two things he did for Fall/Winter 2010-2011 I found quite groundbreaking or at the very least, innovative.
Silly takes on sweats:trompe l'oeil and color-blockedI'd wear the bottoms rolled-up (yes, how predictable) with a gauzy white shirt and tan huaraches for spring/summer.Moose and monsters in an all-over print. I'd wear this sweat suit with embroidered velvet slippers to infuse a little worldly-old-man into the childlike ensemble.
Chain-strap bags:I can't say I've ever seen chain straps on men's bags.I was surprised to see how the chain handles on this briefcase looked more industrial masculine than knock-off Chanel. I'd love to see more chain hardware on men's leather goods.