Fashion Time   +  styling

Orthodox (Jewish) Opulence
The fall/winter 2010 collection of Danish label Uncommon Creatures creatively embodies that dark-Amish-dandy look I've long been a fan of. Uncommon Creatures' Jens Kold-Christensen says the line was inspired by Orthodox Jewish style, an inspiration I found extremely interesting. Odd hats, dramatic coats, and a play on diaphanousness all make for a promising debut collection.
Here are my picks:one of my favorite looks, rich with detail: crumpled hat that looks like it's been stepped on, long cardigan that only buttons on top, double belt, and high-waisted trousersasymmetrical cardigan, interesting cropped pants, and where do I find myself some beat-up Doc Martens?I'm enamored by the degree of sheerness on this cardigan: just enough to let light through the panels around the hem.One of my most favorite pieces in the collection is this dramatic shawl-coat with a frayed hem.The funny fur hat and the one earring are endearing, but the knit trousers appear to be a good basic piece I can wear over and over.I need these pants in the Dries-y print. Notice the swag of chains around the face, I still haven't decided how I feel about jewelry of this sort.
photos via Uncommon Creatures