Fashion Time   +  Reviews

[REVIEW] - H&M GARDEN COLLECTION
Mood [Cold]
Currently Playing [None]
(Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, had to take the picture with my cell phone camera)

I'm sad to annouce that the highly anticipated Garden Collection from H&M has been a disappointment for me. I purposely went to the mall at 10am, before my classes, to check out the collection. I tried on everything (around 12 pieces) from the collection that was availabe in the Scarbrough Town Centre H&M, but left the store empty handed.

I know that the point of the collection is to create sustainable clothings. (Hurray for H&M) With that in the mind, the entire collection is made out of recycled and organic materials. However, the material is not that good. All the peach colour garments that I had tried on were all see-through. Keep in mind that I was already wearing nude undergarments.

Second, the garment sizes were too big! I tried on the smallest size, size 2 & XS, and all the pieces still look like they are about to fall off. I know that this is not H&M's fault, but this contributed to my disappointment. Also, the length of all the dresses were so awkward on me because I'm short. Though the prices were so great, most dresses were only $19.95, I decided not to buy any. Plus, the gorgeous $19.95 kimono dress just wasn't my style.

Lastly, the only piece that I actually considered buying was the ruffle tube dress. However, it was priced at $59.95, which is $20 more than the red fluffy dress and is more basic and simple. Even with my staff discount, I still thought it wasn't worth it. So I ditched the idea of buying it right away.

Well, I have work later today, maybe I'll see if there are anything left or anything that I haven't tried on at my store. I'll update this post at the end of the day! Stay tune!

UPDATE: Nope, I still didn't like anything from this collection at my store. However, the key pieces from this collection have already been sold out all over! That means other people must have liked it!

Did you check out the Garden Collection?