Fashion Time   +  travel

PATIENTLY PICKING UP BROKEN FRAGMENTS
Mood [Thankful]
Currently Playing [東方神起 DBSK - 時ヲ止メテ]
1) From the last few posts, you can see that one of my favourite things to do in Hong Kong is to eat! I don't like eating anything fancy or anything too expensive. It's actually the simple things that make me happy. I absolutely love eating street food in Hong Kong such as curry fish balls, smelly tofu, deep fried squid, and basically anything that's potentially harmful to my health. Haha! Above all, I love these little, with a lack of a better name, "bag" snacks.

2) Basically there are a whole bunch of stuff in small bags that you can put into your big bag. They have over 20 different items, ranging from different types of noodles, to squid, to corn, to octopus, to intestines, to cucumbers and so much more. Each small bag or each item cost $2.5 HKD. (Sadly 2 years ago, it was $1 HKD per bag) In my bag, I had 4 items: the rice noodle, seaweed, corn and octopus. Then after you have chosen what you want, you can tell the person to add either garlic sauce, hot sauce or both to mix into your larger bag. In mine, I only had the garlic one. After that, you are ready to eat.

3) They always give you two long sticks that you can use as chopsticks to eat with. It's a pretty decent snack for $10 HKD, which is less than $2 CAD.

4) SOGO, which is a Japanese department store that is very popular in Hong Kong is having a 25th Anniversary Sale in both the Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui location (from May 21 till May 30). For those of you who are unfamiliar with SOGO, the store pretty much carries all the big name brands (Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Chanel, Vivienne Westwood & etc) and it also carries cosmestic counters (SKII, Bobbi Brown, Mac, Shiseido, Shu Uemura & etc) and other clothing brands (Liz Lisa, Jill Stuart, Bread n' Butter, Mango, FCUK & etc). But honestly, I have never seen that many people all in the same place. All the girls there are crazy going for the sale items! I must admit, the sales are pretty amazing! They offer 10% discount on everything, even on Gucci stuff. Additionally, they have daily specials that keeps the customers coming back everyday. The prices are quite ridiculous. After spending around an hour there, I was able to pick up this Agnes B purse from the sale for only $690 HKD.

5) I also got this yellow Juicy Girl purse for only $299 HKD. All these light-coloured purses are just in time for the summer months.

PS, don't forget to enter my giveaway, which ends May 30 for Dolly Wink prizes. Follow the link on the side bar!