Fashion Time   +  shopping

Dandy Does (Capsule)
I spent this morning at (Capsule), a fashion trade show that showcases high-end contemporary brands, up-and-coming indie designers, and premium street wear labels. It's for buyers (people with boutiques or those who work for bigger retailers like Barney's etc. looking for pretty things to fill their stores with), the press, and myself, the lone, slightly lost blogger who had failed to bring his stack of business cards, hastily scribbling his Yahoo! e-mail address each time he was asked for contact information. It was a delightful experience nonetheless, shedding light on labels I had previously not known of, deepening my relationship with current loves, and causing me to reconsider brands that I had already marked with a big X when going through the list of over 150 and making a game plan for this morning's exploration. I intend to go more in-depth on those designers I've fallen head over heels with in future posts, but here's an amuse bouche of pieces that had caught my eye at the trade show today.
Henrik Vibskov laptop bags, which I would carry as portfolios:one covered in wooden beadsand another made out of raggedy quilts.
MonitalyRainbow Ikat-print shorts from Japanese-designed but US-based Monitaly
Phosphorescenceoutlined clear-framed sunglasses by Phosphorescence
and a couple of their collaboration lines:with Erin Wasson and Opening Ceremony, respectively
Master-piecethe most handsome colorful suede belt bags (yes, fanny packs!) by Master-piece of Japanand a backpack in a folksy-knit trompe l'oeil print, also by Master-piece
Highlanda map-print shirt by Highland with pajama detailing
Florsheim x Duckie Browna showstopper: Duckie Brown for Florsheim brogues in metallic orangeridged suede Duckie Brown x Florsheim cap-toed shoes - I like how the ridged suede is reminiscent of lightweight corduroy.buck shoes in sherbet hues
More to come in the following posts, folks! What have been your favorites so far?