Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

bumming around in silverlake

(vintage open knit fringe dress over vintage silk slipdress, Mercury Duo shorts, Fiorentini & Baker boots, Forever 21 necklace, Balenciaga bag)

A while ago someone left a comment that sort of stuck with me, describing what my style used to be as charming, whimsical, hardcore, and hippie all rolled into one (simultaneously saying that it was no longer any of that and that I was losing myself..but that's not at all my point). Though made in a slightly negative context, they had some interesting points to bring up and had my best interests in mind - I found it more interesting than hurtful. I have a hard time defining my style..mostly I just grab things I like, literally from everywhere, and then tweak the details until it all looks right to me in that particular moment. But I like the sound of those four words used together, even if that anonymous commenter was trying more to describe what they weren't seeing...I think my problem is I'd rather wear and live in the clothes rather than ponder exactly why I wear them (also why I dread the template interview). Overthinking the meaning of the semi-meaningless is one of my least favorite parts of the world of blogging..probably because sometimes my mind falls victim to it too. Ideally style is first and foremost a natural, personal thing..the blogs or even people in general outside of fashion that I find the most inspiring are the ones with a very specific point of view.