Fashion Time   +  Rolling Stones

keeping an eye on the world going by my window, taking my time
I miss beauty. I miss the glamour of pink lipstick and sparkly eyes. False lashes so heavy that your eyelids droop. I miss wearing gorgeously impractical outfits to the grocery store, parading down the dairy aisle in five inch heels. I miss bubble baths and that first moment after you try a new perfume and you've fallen in love. I miss eating pink frosting off the tops of cupcakes and sipping champagne out of plastic glasses. I miss speaking French with girlfriends and listening to old Rolling Stones LPs in our parents' dens. I miss the glamour that was all around us. Even that suburban glamour that we didn't even recognize, the kind that you can only understand if you live in a cul-de-sac, and only see it when you're thinking back. When we watched our mothers get ready for a night out and breathed in the heavy scent of her vintage Diorissimo. These are some images that make me long for beauty.