Fashion Time   +  Reviews

[REVIEW] - ELF PRODUCTS FROM DOLLARAMA
Mood [Tired]
Currently Playing [None]
I was pretty excited when I had read Joyce's post about E.L.F products being sold in Dollarama. I quickly went to two different Dollarama and to my surprise these items were all these. Even though the products aren't $1 as it is on the website, but $1.50 is not bad considering I didn't have to pay for shipping. I've always wanted to try E.L.F products but the international shipping to Canada would cost more than the actual products. So I never end up ordering anything. There are some stores, such as Zellers, Winners, Style Sense, that carries E.L.F products in Canada but I always find them to be extremely over-priced. So I can never convince myself to buy them. Here are the stuff that I've picked up:

Essentials Total Face Brush
Soft, caressing bristles allow for soothing application of facial and bronzing powder. Great for quick full-face touchups.

All e.l.f. professional makeup brushes have been designed and tested by professional makeup artist Scott Vincent Borba. Each brush has been ergonomically designed to fit perfectly into your hand and facilitate a flawless finish with every application.

WHY YOU SHOULD SKIP THIS PRODUCT
While this brush is not a total fail, but I don't like it enough to pass this brush. The biggest problems I see with this brush are the fact that it's not soft or dense enough. Nor is it really firm enough. I feel like the brushes that I got from Spa Resource are softer than this one. Furthermore, the brush sheds.

Essentials Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush
This unique three-in-one brush allows for precision application of blush, bronzer, and all other multipurpose dusts and loose powders.

All e.l.f. professional makeup brushes have been designed and tested by professional makeup artist Scott Vincent Borba. Each brush has been ergonomically designed to fit perfectly into your hand and facilitate a flawless finish with every application.

WHY I LIKE THIS PRODUCT
It actually doesn't show on the ELF website, but this brush is angeled. Once again, the brush is not very soft. However, because it is angled it makes it really easy to appy the blush or bronzer onto the cheek bones. You will have to apply the brush in a few strokes because the brush isn't wide enough to cover the entire cheeks. This brush has almost no shedding.


Essentials Eye Shadow Brush

Specially sheered brush tip absorbs the perfect amount of eye shadow and provides long lasting color saturation. The comfort curved brush contours the eye with natural gliding strokes for easy and accurate eye shadow application.

All e.l.f. professional makeup brushes have been designed and tested by professional makeup artist Scott Vincent Borba. Each brush has been ergonomically designed to fit perfectly into your hand and facilitate a flawless finish with every application.

WHY I LOVE THIS PRODUCT
Now this brush is a winner! The quality is very good and it's soft. The brush is not flimsy at all and it can hold shadows really well because I don't notice any powder on my cheeks or my lashes. The eyeshadows can go on really smooth and blended. As of now, I have experienced no shedding so far. This is definitely a great buy.

Essentials Dual Pencil Sharpener
This convenient Dual Pencil Sharpener is the essential tool for sharpening pencils of any size to maintain professional and precise application. The removable adapter allows you to adjust the size to fit even the largest pencils. The cover captures shavings and allows for easy cleaning. Includes a small bonus sharpener. Excellent for travel.

Direction: Place pencil into appropriate sized sharpener and turn until sharpened. Remove cover to clean out loose shavings. Use the small pick that is located on top of the sharpener to remove hard to reach shavings.
Warning: Do not place any body parts into sharpener. Keep out of reach of children.

FINAL THOUGHTS
ELF makeup brushes are terrific for day-to-day use until you’re ready to take the professional plunge. I don't think ELF brushes will last a lifetime but I hope they will last long enough. And for $1.50, I think you can't go wrong! Just a tip about buying these products from Dollarama, some of the packaging is really dirty, so make sure you wash your brush thoroughly before using them on your face. You wouldn't want any dirt or dust to get on your face.

eyeslipsface.com