Fashion Time   +  wishlist

The Stylish Senior
My beloved Boston, fashion-indifferent and nightlife-dead as it is, is causing me to live my days the way a happy old man would: nippy morning strolls through falling autumn leaves, Friday nights at Trader Joe's, dressed-up dinners in lieu of drinks and dancing. On the same note, my wardrobe choices have been leaning towards those of a stylish septuagenarian. I seem to favor shirts a size or two too big for me, soft-, not sharp-shouldered jackets, tortoiseshell, cravats, slipper-type shoes. Here's a couple of things I plan on blowing my next pension plan check on:"Mr. Casual" Belgian shoes in ostrich calfor the same pair in lizard calf
Because even on my casual days, I still strive to look like a contributing member of society.
And something to block the harsh sun rays from my eyes and my deepening crow's feet from yours:Linda Farrow x Damir Doma sunglasses, via Assembly New YorkI love how Damir Doma freshened up the increasingly popular rounded wayfarer shape by doing it in a metal frame. And wire-rimmed glasses are infinitely more comfortable than acetate specs, in my opinion.The brown leather nose piece is a luxe touch that I imagine would be quite comfy as well.
When you hit those years when your donut cushion is your best friend and your lower back hurts more often than your only daughter calls to check in, comfort is most definitely top priority.
photos via Belgian Shoes and Assembly New York