Fashion Time   +  Street Style

Orthodox Inspiration
I know this has been posted a while back, and I can't believe I've neglected to share this with you guys. I was snapped by Mordechai Rubinstein of Mister Mort, one of New York's most regarded street style photographers. He is a classicist; and though I may not completely agree with everything he says, I respect his opinions on how he thinks men should dress. His point-of-view most definitely comes out in the images he takes.Pendleton wool hat, Topman blazer and shirt, Comme des Garcons belt, H&M jeans, Prada bag, ASOS shoes
It was a rainy day that Fashion Week and I thought I'd wear my new wide-brimmed Pendleton hat as an umbrella alternative. Mordechai called me from across the street and told me how much my outfit reminded him of what Orthodox Jewish Bochurim wore back when he was in school. I was loosely inspired by the austerity of the Hassidic Jews' and the Amish' traditional garb, and it brought me such joy that he found my get-up remotely amusing.navy cut-out monk strap shoes from ASOSPhilip Crangi railroad spike cuff, Number (N)ine cuff, Casio watch
Mordechai's animated write-up was quite entertaining, but if you're up for a few more laughs, check out the comments section and count the scathing remarks on my Prada "purse". Thanks, Mordechai, it was an honor!
photos via Mister Mort