Fashion Time   +  versus

[REVIEW] - SHU UEMURA VS DUO DARK TONE EYELASH ADHESIVE
Mood [Aggravated]
Currently Playing [None]
I've been getting tons of questions lately about what kind of eyelash adhesive do I use and I thought that I would write a product comparison to answer all of the questions. I've been using the Shu Uemura one for over 4 years now and have never ever switched because I simply love it! It has never given me another reason to switch over to a new adhesive and I was never tempted to buy a different type. However, I've decided to purchase the DUO one around a month ago because I was interested in trying a dark tone glue instead of a white glue. Keep reading to find out which one I liked more =)

Let's talk about the price difference in these two products. The Shu Uemura glue retails for around $10 USD on the website so I'm assuming it's going to be around that price in Holt Renfew. I have actually never purchased the Shu Uemura glue from Canada before because I always go back to Hong Kong and stock up there. It only cost $35 HKD in Hong Kong, which is around $5 CAD. The Shu Uemura glue is 0.24oz/7g, which is a pretty small tube but I guarantee that it'll last you for at least a year. The DUO glue is $10 CAD at Sephora and it contains 0.5oz/14g, which is cheaper than the Shu Uemura one and is double the size. But that's about the only advantage that the DUO glue has over the Shu Uemura one. Yes, I still love the Shu Uemura one OVER the DUO one. Here are my reasons for choosing the Shu Uemura glue.
1) The Shu Uemura one has a much smaller opening than the DUO one, which means that it's much easier to apply directly onto the false lashes. I find that it's really hard to control the glue on the DUO one and often times some will spill out. The DUO glue is so watery as well so it makes it too easy to squirt out and I always end up putting too much onto my lashes.
You can really see the difference in the opening in this photo.

2) The DUO glue has a really funky smell to it. I know this is just a personal preference, but I really dislike the smell of the DUO glue. It actually smells like white glue that you would use for arts and crafts and it grosses me out a little bit. On the other hand, the Shu Uemura one has no smell at all.

3) The DUO glue takes a much longer time to dry. I find that I have to hold the false lashes in place for a longer period of time with the DUO glue than with the Shu Uemura glue. I would suggest letting the DUO glue sit on the false lashes for at least 10 seconds to dry a little before applying it onto your eyelids.

4) Lastly, the Shu Uemura glue stays on much longer than the DUO glue. When I use the DUO glue, the lashes near both corners of my eyes tend to flake off during the day. This gets really annoying and I would have to just take off the entire lash altogether. However, I never had this problem with the Shu Uemura glue. It is tough enough to stick onto your eyes but it's also gentle enough to wipe off with a simple makeup remover. Though it's a white glue, it does dry clear.

Overall, I thought that the DUO glue was a waste of money. I should have just stuck with the Shu Uemura one instead. The only thing that I really like about the DUO glue is that it is dark tone and I do enjoy not having to go over the lashes with an eyeliner. But that's about the only good thing that I can say about this glue. I know that there are more product in the DUO glue, however, I can use the same tube of the Shu Uemura glue for over a year. Thus, I think $10 USD is pretty reasonable for a year's worth of glue. I hope this answered some of your questions about eyelash adhesives. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me!