Fashion Time   +  shopping

The Cream Cap-toes
I'm counting on these cream laceless cap-toes to be my go-to shoes for the next season or so. I needed a pair to replace my vintage black lace-ups with holes growing on the soles, and I thought these Margielas would add a subtle, neutral, yet unexpected touch to my wardrobe of dark non-colors.Martin Margiela cream laceless cap-toe shoesI had already worn them out last weekend on the damp, salt-covered sidewalks of Manhattan, and the scuffs and stains are evident. I'm not worried at all; others would say they're starting to show wear and tear, I say they're starting to show character.Margiela's signature single-stitches at the back of each shoethe odd shower cap-esque dustbags
You ask if I plan to wear these with my very recently purchased briefcase of the same shade, and I say, "Most certainly!" To tell you the truth, I'm quite tired of that carefully calculated mismatched look; so much thought and effort goes into orchestrating this seemingly unintentional nonchalance that it ends up looking contrived. Matchy-matchy is fresh again, it's easy, and it makes me feel like all is right with the world.