Fashion Time   +  scans

OJIKAWA & OBAKAWA STYLE
Mood [Bored]
Currently Playing [Fefe Dobson - Stuttering]

Popsister January 2011

So I finally got around to downloading the January 2011 issue of Popsister and I'm in love with this Ojikawa and Obakawa trend that keeps appearing. Even though the style is a bit more mature, I still think it's really adorable. Basically this trend is taking inspiration from the old and incorporating it into the new. Ojikawa and Obakawa can be translated into Grandpa Cute and Grandma Cute. I've always loved granny looking stuff so that's why I think this trend is very suitable for me. It is also very vintage, which I love! I can't wait to try this out!

Here are some stuff to look out for when trying this trend:
1) Try looking for colours that are more vintage, such as: camel, brown and khaki
2) Lots of checker and plaid shirts!
3) Look for shirts with a rounded collar or a thin bow, these are very granny-looking.
4) A tweed over-sized blazer will definitely complete this look.
5) Socks, socks, socks!
6) Berets and fedoras will add the finishing touch.
7) Lastly, oxfords, brogues and Mary Janes are the perfect shoes for this look.

You might be wondering where you can find these items and for a good price? I would suggest checking out your nearest vintage or thrift stores! I'm definitely going to be checking out a Value Village or Goodwill very soon! :) I found more photos of this look in Pretty Style January 2011 as well.

GOOD LUCK!