Fashion Time   +  tailoring

Fauxvenchy
Today, I join the hordes of fadsters who have bought into the leopard print trend. I stumbled upon the perfect leopard print fabric at a shop in Manila---a shirting cotton with just that little hint of stretch for give, in leopard of the perfect hue, with trompe l'oeil hairs---and immediately had it tailored into a long-sleeved button-down shirt.tailor-made leopard print shirt, star necklace from a shop in Hong Kong, zipper necklace by Marc Jacobs, jacket from Topman
I am absolutely allergic to the word "trend", and though the faunal spots are now omnipresent in fashion publications online, in print and everywhere in between, I just couldn't help but purchase the fabric and make a top out of it---but I've taken measures to keep it my own. I wanted a touch of velvet for that bold luxuriousness. I thought to do the collar in a rounded, club-collar style as a nod to the English dandy, and to keep the shirt from being too overtly fierce. I was, after all, wearing the spots of a wild animal.Number (N)ine sunglasses, Topman jacket, tailor-made leopard print shirt, Ann Demeulemeester belt, H&M jeans, Number (N)ine flat creepers
Though the shirt and the star necklace are clear cheap knockoffs of Givenchy, or more succinctly, Fauxvenchy¹, I did try to infuse that luxe-weathered-eccentric aesthetic that I commonly associate with myself nowadays.belt by Ann Demeulemeester. I thought white would be a slightly off, unexpected touch, and I thought the whipstitching echoed that savageness on top.my Number (N)ine suede flat creepers now weathered and balded and stained: all signs of being very much loved.Have any of you guys bought into the animal-print craze? A shirt, scarf, shoes, shower curtain? Do share!
¹Acton-Bond, 2010
photos via Pop Bop and Snap