Fashion Time   +  Sister Act

Sister Act: Françoise Dorléac and Catherine Deneuve
"The only human being I could tell everything was my sister Françoise. She and I were so diametrically different; put together we would have been a fantastic woman." - Catherine Deneuve
After recently re-watching Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, I was inspired to do a post about the dazzling duo, Françoise and Catherine. I love these girls together as well as separately - Françoise in Cul-de-sac, Billion Dollar Brain, Where the Spies Are and Catherine in Repulsion, Belle de Jour, Les Parapluies de Cherbourg. Françoise has a tragic end to her story, dying in a brutal car accident in southern France when she was just 25 years old. Françoise was described as everything Catherine was not - whereas Catherine was known as a quiet, reserved girl with an 'ice queen' demeanor, Françoise was a ball of energy, dancing, laughing and shaking her hair as she moved. I love the quote above by Catherine - they were such polar opposites that they would be the ultimate woman if they were put together. This got me thinking about all the other sister teams that I love - Mia and Stephanie Farrow, Jean and Chrissie Shrimpton, and Pattie and Jenny (and Paula!) Boyd, among others! I guess it's true that talent - and beauty - runs in the family.