Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

rodeo drive



(Vanessa Traina for Maje Cutout Stitch Slipdress, Alexander Wang Zoe cutout oxfords, Fashiontoast x Dannijo Arc Necklace, Ray-ban wayfarers)

Pretty much made my week when I received a package out of nowhere with a handwritten note from Vanessa Traina and this beautiful dress inside. Her collection for French brand Maje (available only at Barney's until the Maje store in New York opens later this year) is all-black, concisely edited, and the definition of '90s minimalism. The lace bralette and simple fluid trousers are so good...wouldn't expect anything less perfect from her, but still, worth mentioning. This dress I'm kind of picturing Great Expectations-era Gwyneth in with a straightened sheet of blonde hair and a vaguely wistful expression. Which is among the highest compliments I give things. I wore it earlier this week on an 80 degree day dressed down with the only flats that have never scuffed my heels and wayfarers. So comfortable and easy.