Fashion Time   +  The Last Sitting

but square-cut or pear-shaped, these rocks don't lose their shape, diamonds are a girl's best friend
Marilyn Monroe proves (yet again) that diamonds are a girl's best friend in this stunning photo shoot by Bert Stern as part of his 'Last Sitting' collection. Rolling around in glitter, pearls, and diamonds (more realistically rhinestones), Marilyn looks like the ultimate bombshell goddess in one of my favorite photography sessions ever. I recently got Stern's collection of his Marilyn photographs on eBay, and I have had so much fun going back through and rediscovering my favorite gems from this collection.

Don't be alarmed if I go on a bit of a Marilyn binge in the next few weeks - I hope to get this book intimately familiar with my computer scanner!Title: from "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" (Marilyn Monroe, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes)