Fashion Time   +  Then and Now

Then and Now: Bebe Buell and Mischa Barton
 I love the badass rock'n'roll chic of Bebe Buell - that wild wavy hair and eccentric style (do you love that Oscar Wilde shirt as much as I do? Check out Worn Free for a similar tee ... I know I am already waiting for them to restock in my size) is just as iconic as her infamous tales of 70s debauchery. Apparently I am not alone in loving her style - just check out Mischa Barton's take on her look. Long wavy hair, smoky eyes, and chains of jewelry top off the grungy-glam party gal look. Mischa has declared many times over the years that she looks to the style icons of decades past for inspiration. Under the tutelage of Rachel Zoe, Mischa's look was crafted after the styles of Twiggy and Peggy Lipton. Après-Zoe, Mischa claimed that her style heroes were Anita Pallenberg and Marianne Faithfull, and they were the women whose pictures hung on her walls growing up. Of her look, she has said "I am a weird replica of the 70s." Weird indeed* - she always pairs her vintage looks with slightly off-kilter, sometimes kitschy items, making many of her outfits land on both the best-dressed and 'what was she thinking?' lists. With a laundry list of icons like Twiggy, Peggy, Marianne, and Anita, I think that it's quite possible that there could be a legitimate Buell-via-Barton look happening. Though Mischa was undoubtedly a fashion idol of mine (especially during the O.C. days), and I certainly love that she is a kindred spirit of sorts in terms of our fashion icons, I prefer the wild child style of the muse to so many rockers who turned rock star in her own right. 
*But I mean weird in a good way (... don't I always?)