Fashion Time   +  travel

UPDATE FROM NANJING CHINA
Mood [Okay]
Currently Playing [None]

Hi from Nanjing China! Sorry for the lack of updates for the past few days! It's been quite the journey from Hong Kong to Nanjing. If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I had left Hong Kong last Friday and arrived in Nanjing in the afternoon. Let me warn you in advance that this is going to be a rather long entry. I'll be blogging not only for you, my readers but also for the internship (since it's required that we keep a blog of our experience) and for my family who follows this blog as well. This is the easiest day that I can keep in touch with everyone from all parts of the world!

So let me continue, my roommate, Thalia, didn't arrive until the next day so I had a day by myself. Luckily, one of the local teacher was able to take my around to help me settle in and to take me out for dinner. Otherwise, I would not have known where to go or where to eat. I bought most of the necessities that is needed for the apartment, but the place is no home yet. To be honest, it had been quite lonely for the first day. I had to call JL from China so many times just so I wouldn't have to feel alone. Haha! It's quite different to be in a city where you don't know anyone nor do you really speak the language fluently.

Once Thalia arrived, we were able to do a little exploring of the city. We didn't go far from our apartment because we wanted to be safe and made sure that we knew how to get back. We bought a lot of products to clean our apartment together and now the apartment is starting to feel more like a home. We scrubbed the toilet, washed the bathtub, changed the shower curtains, emptied out the fridge and even mopped the floor. Spring cleaning came a little late for use in China. Haha!

Thanks to another foreigner that we randomly bumped into on the street, he told us of a night market just around the area where we can get cheap clothes and other household products. The clothes were really affordable, even cheaper than Hong Kong and the style is pretty similar as well. Thalia got amazing Toms for only ¥50 RMB (appox. $7 CAD) but of course we questioned its authenticity but for that price she couldn't pass it up. They looked so real though even if the boxes and the leather insoles. And we discovered a little boutique that sells OPI nail polishes for only ¥39 RMB (around $6 CAD)and they even had the shattered one for only ¥49 RMB (around $7 CAD)! Those I'm pretty sure are authentic!:D

Sorry I won't be able to update photos until I get Internet at home, which we are hoping will be either set up on Tuesday. I'm right now trying to blog through email posting and I haven't been able to edit all the photos that I have taken so far. I will continue to do reviews and outfit posts, but like I said, have to wait until I can use my laptop and Internet at home because all my photos and programs are on there. (I still have photos to update from Hong Kong!) Plus, still can't access Facebook or Twitter or Blogger, I'm getting very desperate. If anyone knows how I can go about buying a VPN in China (I didn't buy one when I was in Hong Kong), please email me: day—dreaming@hotmail.com THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!