Fashion Time   +  vintage

The Ill-fitting Mao Jacket
I purchased this Mao jacket last winter, vintage from Japan, despite it being rather ill-fitting: about an inch and a fourth too big on each shoulder, and the sleeves too short for my long, yoga-binding arms. I never had the chance to have it altered to fit properly, so it sat in my wardrobe for a long while. A few days ago, I decided to give it a second chance; and I was pleased at how such an ill-fitting jacket could fit so well.vintage Mao jacket from Japan, vintage astronaut pin on right sleeve, H&M jeans, Dr. Martens oxfords
The fabric drapes excellently; and though I know a little nip and tuck on the shoulders and sleeves would help make the jacket even more impeccable, quality fabric molds to the body and hides a multitude of fit errors.Pins weren't made for lapels and left breasts only. (vintage silver astronaut pin with moonstone head)my white-soled Dr. Martens 1461 oxfords, getting creasy and greasy with weara permanent fixture on my left pinky as of late: the rose gold and brown diamond signet ring I co-designedan undersized umbrella helping keep an oversized jacket dry
Hello from the Financial District.
photographs by Mikee Tuason