Fashion Time   +  travel

NANJING NORMAL UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
Mood [Full]
Currently Playing [NEWS - Ai Nante]

This is the Nanjing Normal University (南京师范大学) campus, which is super close to where I live and where I work. Excuse my ignorance, but I had no idea what a "normal university" was. So I went home to search it up and this is what I found: A normal school was a school created to train high school graduates to be teachers. Its purpose was to establish teaching standards or norms, hence its name. Most such schools are now called teachers' colleges; however, in some places, the term normal school is still used. I was thrilled to find out that this university was actually a teacher's college. But, WOW! Look at their campus? I would really love to see this view everyday when I go to school! Forget fancy modern architectures, ancient buildings are the way to go! What a stunning sight!

PS, don't forget to enter my Dolly Wink giveaway which ends August 27. Follow the link on the side bar!

credit: wikipedia.org