Fashion Time   +  vintage clothing

pretty in pink, isn't she?
The other day I went on a shopping excursion to one of Dallas' premier vintage boutiques, Ahab Bowen. AB is unfortunately going out of business, which is quite bittersweet for me - I love the store to pieces and I am sad to see it go, but I can't resist the insane sales that they've been having the last few days as they clear out their merch. I don't know why, but I went totally Molly Ringwald and wore majority pink - which isn't a bad thing. Andie Walsh was a fashion icon! White tank top and pink dolman top are from Forever 21 - they are surprisingly super soft and have held up in the wash without pilling (I let the dolman top airdry, as I do not want a crop top). Brown leather wooden heels from Madewell. Pink blazer is by Audrey 3+1 (also, light blue available at LuLu*s) and has really great scrunched-up sleeves, which is good for a gal like me whose elbows are not cooperative with such sleeve-scrunching matters. Dark wash jeggings are by Sold Design Lab, and have a very convincing denim feeling to them - I think they are my favorite jeggings to date (and I am a jegging aficionado, as my friends know). They are called the "Spring Street Skinny" which is a pretty fab name, and are apparently 'pull on jeans' - not jeggings. My mistake. I purchased the necklace years ago in a market in Paris - it's relatively simple and light, which I like about it. It's not too often that I like subtlety in my jewelry. Same with the earrings - I bought them when I was in the seventh grade and they are probably the smallest earrings that I own. As usual, I wore my rose gold Cartier Love bracelet, and paired it with a 'Karma' bracelet by Skova Soul and an intricately designed knuckle 'Skylight' ring by Free People. These are some of my goodies from Ahab Bowen - a big Kenneth Jay Lane-inspired snake bangle and a glittery over-the-top snake ring. I've been on a snake kick lately - well, I've been on one for years, but it's really flared up this summer. I have to do a post on my absurd collection of serpent jewelry. Anyone in the Dallas area ought to stop by Ahab Bowen while they still can - the store closes its doors and takes down its feather boas on Sunday. AB is restocking everyday so there are always more gems to find. If you miss out this week but still want to see some Ahab Bowen goods after Sunday, Dolly Python will be carrying the remainder of the store's merchandise in their store with the label marked 'AB.' 
Title: from "Pretty in Pink" (The Psychedelic Furs)* I did not choose this song to reference because I think I look pretty and want you to agree ... it's literally the only song I could think of that talks about the color pink *