Fashion Time   +  travel

THE LAST 10 TEACHING DAYS
Mood [Exhausted]
Currently Playing [Super Junior M - 太完美]
Photos taken from host organization's blog


It's been a while since I've posted anything regarding my teaching internship in Nanjing. That is mainly because I haven't been taking my camera around and thus, not much photos to show. I have been teaching non-stop since the end of June. So it's been a very exhausting 5 week so far. My roommate and I have been travelling to different parts of the Nanjing and to other cities around Nanjing to teach in various summer English enrichment camps. Thus, I feel like I've been not only living out of my suitcase but hopping from one hotel to another. Only 5 more teaching days remain in this summer boarding camp in Nanjing. This week is the last week that we'll be teaching since our host organization told us that they do not have anything else planned for us. This English camp started last Sunday (July 24) and it'll run for 10 days until August 3. I have been teaching simple conversational English to a group of grade 5/6 students. I am working closely with an American teacher from Miami, Mary Blair.

One of the hardest thing that I have found while being in China is adjusting to their work schedule. Our day starts bright and early at 9am and sometimes we don't finish teaching until 8:30pm. Even though we get a 2.5 hr lunch break, it still feels like a really long day! And yes, it's weird to me that we are given time during lunch to take an afternoon nap. It's actually quite common in China for all employees to take a nap during lunch. That is something that I'll never use to. I would much rather have a shorter lunch and leave earlier everyday.

The best news that we've received is when our host organization told us that we are free to take the rest of August off in order to do a little travelling. Thalia and I are starting to plan our trip around China, most likely going to Shanghai and Beijing. If anyone of you knows any good spots or hostiles or shopping areas in these cities, please leave me a message. I will be needing all the help that I can get to plan these trips I do all the organizing. (T___T)