Fashion Time   +  rings

yeah i like you, and i'm feeling so bohemian like you
My good friend and fellow blogstress Melissa of Glamoretta and I attended the opening of Club Monaco's first concept boutique (this is for ladies only) in the West Village neighborhood of Dallas last week. The event was hosted by Jane and Judy Aldridge of Sea of Shoes and Atlantis Home, respectively. We looked around at CM's new collection - a gorgeous compilation of sandy-hued dresses, skirts, and blazers - as well as the store's display of vintage sunglasses, jewelry (chosen by designer Vanessa Mooney), Moroccan tote bags, and vintage Chanel purses. The vintage pieces were hand-selected by CM's vintage curator Selima Salaun, who has the most enviable job in the world (imagine being paid to scour French flea markets for fashionable finds). It was fun to roam around the store with some of Dallas's most fashionable - I even spotted girls who I went to school with years ago who are now on the social scene!I wore a dolman-sleeved buttondown by Brandy Melville, tying it at the bottom to show-off the cool layover detailing of my navy blue high-wisted trousers by 3.1 Phillip Lim. My heels and long-strap chain handbag are both by Madewell. My turquoise and feather-charm necklace is from The Gypsy Wagon, which I matched with a silver feather cuff from Free People that I wore as a bangle. I wore a bunch of other bracelets as well, including my rose gold Cartier Love bracelet, snake-faced brass 'Karma' bracelets by Skova Soul, and Ferragamo black leather wraparound bracelet. I also wore my favorite Deco ring and a gold vermeil hammered ring by Soixante Neuf, and Fool's Gold earrings from Urban Outfitters. Also (because I know that you all care!) I darkened my hair a bit by adding a bit of red so that it's more strawberry blonde, or what my good friend Liz calls 'blinge'. I like it a lot - it's different from what I expected, but I'm almost glad that it's not too much of a change because I am freaking out over this super-subtle difference. According to her blog, Melissa is sporting a Madewell jumpsuit with a vintage pendant necklace, coral lace bra from Urban Outfitters, and grey PVC sandals by Givenchy. 
* Pictures courtesy of Glamoretta
Title: from "Bohemian Like You" (The Dandy Warhols)