Fashion Time   +  Sidney Poitier

if you wanted the moon i would try to make a start, but i would rather you let me give my heart, to sir with love
I love the swinging style of the 1967 film To Sir, With Love. Of course I adore Sidney Poitier, but surprisingly my attention wasn't stuck on him - it was on the fab fashions of Lulu, Judy Geeson, and co.The film is basically about a group of rowdy, unruly high school students who are inspired to change their lives by their hep cat of a teacher, Mark Thackeray (played by Sidney, the king of all cool in my book). Could you imagine going in to school everyday in coordinated minis and teased hair? Only in my wildest dreams would I have the effort to do that everyday! The film is known for its uplifting storyline, which has inspired many other do-gooder teacher films in the passing decades, as well as the chart topping hit by Lulu inspired by the film.  Title: from "To Sir, With Love" (Lulu)