Fashion Time   +  travel

THE BEST MEAL OF THE SUMMER
Mood [Happy]
Currently Playing [None]

McDonald's Combo #7 - 6 Piece Chicken Nuggets with a medium fries & a soft drink

If you know me really well then you'll know that I'm a total McD's junkie! (JL is too!) Thus, it comes as no surprise that my favourite meal this summer is also my favourite combo from McDonald’s. Sure, you may wonder how can I possibly have chosen McDonald’s to be crowned the title of the “best meal of the summer”, so let me begin to explain the experiences I’ve had with food while being in Nanjing.

One of the biggest, well, probably one of the only struggles that I’ve encountered in Nanjing is food related. Never in a million years would I have imagined that I would actually have a problem with food in China because A) I’m not a picky eater. I rarely eat out nor do I enjoy high-end cuisine. I actually think the cheaper the food, the better the taste. That’s why I love eating street food more than anything. And B) I’ve been eating Chinese food my entire life so I’m pretty use to it. Whether I’m in Toronto or in Hong Kong, Chinese food is always my first choice. Therefore, you can probably imagine my shock when I discovered that nothing taste as good as what I had expected in Nanjing.

Many of the local restaurants that my roommate and I have went to, whether it’s low, middle or high-end, the food is just a little “off”. At first we thought maybe we haven’t discovered all the places yet, but even some of the places that the locals have highly recommended to us were not “amazing”. There is just something about the food that makes it not very good. Sometimes there’s too much oil or too much salt and at other times all the dishes taste exactly the same. Thus, it has been a true struggle for me to find the “best” meal of the summer.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not an ungrateful person who’s whining and complaining about food when I should be thankful that I even have food on the table. I am truly blessed that I am part of that small percentage of the world that doesn’t have to worry about food scarcity. Plus, I’m not sitting there with a pout on my face and refusing to eat the food. No, I’m still eating and I’m eating everything. This is just merely a sharing of my experiences from my internship in China. But here are some food that I'm looking forward to when I go back to Hong Kong!

On a brighter note, we finally booked our hostels for Shanghai. We’ll be going for 3 days and 2 nights and will be leaving this coming Wednesday! I’m beyond excited!

PS, please LIKE my official Facebook page!
PPS, don't forget to enter my Dolly Wink giveaway which ends August 27. Follow the link on the side bar!