Fashion Time   +  The Marianne Chronicles

The Marianne Chronicles
What can be said about Marianne Faithfull? A lot, actually. She’s been known as Miss X, the girl on a motorcycle, the goddess of proto-goth punk, a convent girl, the angel with big tits (to charmingly quote Andrew Loog Oldham), the girl in the fur rug, homeless junkie in Ossie Clark, a vamp with a whiskey-soaked voice to match, the daughter of an Austro-Hungarian baroness, descendent of Leopold Baron von Sacher Masoch. She's been known by many names and many labels. She's been written about and then written off more times than half of Hollywood. I've been working for a while on a follow-up to the Pattie Chronicles centered around Marianne, and I feel confident enough to begin sharing some of what I've gathered about the enigmatic Miss Faithfull. Hopefully it won't disappoint. 
"I’ve always known who I was. Whether I could achieve to express that to everyone else was another matter. I am who I am. I’m confident enough now to show myself. Perhaps it took this long – I’ve thought of it before – it’s as if I’ve been staying undercover. You know, how animals keep to the trees and bushes, if they might get killed. I often think that’s what I was doing until very recently." - MF