Fashion Time   +  travel

WING CHUN VIETNAMESE FOOD RESTAURANT (永珍越南食館)
Mood [Joyful]
Currently Playing [KAT-TUN - White Christmas]

For those who follow my Twitter and Facebook, you'll know that I've been back in Hong Kong for the past 2 days now! The first thing that I had wanted to do when I came back to HK was to EAT! If you had read my previous post about the best meal of the summer, you'll understand why! So it is evident that the first thing that I'm going to blog about is going to be food related! Let me introduce you to one of my favourite and very inexpensive Vietnamese Restaurant in Hong Kong.

Name of restaurant: Wing Chun Vietnamese Food Restaurant 永珍越南食館
Location: 5-9 Fuk Lo Tsun Road (The street that connects Carpenter Road/Kowloon City Plaza, with Prince Edward Road West), Kowloon City
九龍城福佬村道5-9號地下
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 11:30-00:00
Phone: 2383-0991

Besides the usual Vietnamese Spring Rolls, fried rice with shrimp paste, spicy soft shell crab, curry beef brisket, lemon grass pork chop and stir-fried beef, this is my all time favourite dish from the restaurant. This is 咖哩法式麵包蟹, roughly translate into curry French style bread with crab. It taste so GOOD that the photos doesn't even do it justice! The curry is not super spicy but it is so rich and creamy! You can even taste the coconut milk that was used to make it.
Wow look at how huge the crab is and this is only the smaller one. You can pay a little bit more to get one with a larger crab! The bread has also some garlic butter on it so it's like eating a garlic bread! One of these is sufficient to be shared among 4 people. Super tasty! Cost: $128 HKD ($16 CAD)

After enjoying the meal, I would highly recommend this dish for dessert. This is the 椰汁西米露糕, which translate into coconut sago pudding. It's definitely different from the usual sago because it's in a form of a pudding rather than a soup/paste. I date like 3 of these because they were just too good! Cost: $78 HKD for 8 ($10 CAD)
The only downside about this restaurant is their location. It's very hard to find if you don't know your way around Hong Kong because there's no MTR (subway) station that's close to it. You would have to either take a bus or take a taxi to get to the restaurant.

PS, sorry for the poor quality photos again, they were all taken with my phone because I had forgotten to take my dslr with me :(