Fashion Time   +  wishlist

Dying for Denim
Siki Im and Robert Geller, two of my most favorite shows last New York Fashion Week, have caused me to reconsider denim---so much so that I had my assistant run over to Uniqlo the next morning to pick up a pair of dark wash jeans for me. I haven't worn jeans since my oddly-fitting APC new cures of yesteryear, but these designers' jean offerings, both rigid and soft, typically in voluminous cuts, have got me dying for denim.
Siki Im reinvented denim stark and clean and dark; I thought it was quite inspiring.This is how I would like to wear my jeans next spring: loose and boxy, with lots of black, and punctuated by substantial white footwear.more denim with even more blackreconsider light washed denim, and possibly even whiskers?a chambray shirt and a dramatic long vestpegged dark denim legs peek out from under an architectural cocoon-like cape
Geller did denim more foppishly, in contrast to Siki Im's clean minimalism, but the result was just as strong.an easy denim shirt over a mesh t-shirt, all layered under a soft navy blousona short denim jacket with cropped cuffed wide-leg denim trousersleather pants toughen up a soft chambray shirteasy linen-denim trousersa denim trench with purple-blues
Siki Im photos by Sigurd Widenfalk via Siki ImRobert Geller photos via Robert Geller