Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

at the theyskens' theory showroom
I had the chance to stop by the Theory showroom in Paris to see Olivier Theyskens' new collection. Racks and racks of mesmerizing clothes. When I first saw the photos from the show I couldn't help but think that the pieces had looked a hundred times more special in motion on the runway, but handling them up close was something close to nirvana. Sounds lame but it's true. The dresses are seemingly designed for a cutthroat fairy, the double waisted jeans as wearable as they are innovative, the knits mostly sheer and/or sliced up the back (um the silver tank weighs about 10 pounds, no holding back there), the prints denim-ready, the tasseled structured bag an appetizing iPad toting option, and the cutoff cowboy boots rimmed in metal completely ideal for daily abuse. I'll be biding my time till it's available.