Fashion Time   +  travel

Banking in Black Tie
I love everything black tie---the tedious preparations for the event, the air kisses, the sparkle, the glamour of the night, the romance of the late walk home---and these tuxedo pants from Black Fleece, Thom Browne’s line for Brooks Brothers, are my piece of gala night elegance for everyday.Illesteva sunglasses, Thom Browne shirt, Black Fleece black-tie pants, Florsheim longwing brogues
My friend Austin had asked me where I would wear such a pair of pants, given that they were so formal. “To lunch, to the drug store, grocery shopping,” I replied. I'd even wear them with a slouchy sheer t-shirt and kung-fu shoes in the summer. Here I wear them on a quick run to my bank in Downtown LA.silk grosgrain detail on the side of the trousers, Cartier Roadster watchThese tux pants are immaculately made: fully-lined and with Thom Browne’s signature V cut on the back of the waistband.made casual-prep with a Thom Browne cashmere cardiganI’m so L.A.
Special thanks to Fernando of Brooks Brothers at 1 Liberty Plaza in NYC for the exceptional tailoring service.
photographs by Nikki Tuason