Fashion Time   +  Tutorial

[TUTORIAL] - DIY HOW TO RESIZE A RING THAT IS TOO BIG
Mood [Chipper]
Currently Playing [Hillsong - Mighty to Save]

For those of you who have been following this blog for a long time will know that I have really, really small fingers. Remember my post here about my first Tiffany? I wear size 4.5 rings on my middle finger, which means that most rings from fashion stores like H&M or Forever 21, will not fit my tiny fingers. I've been struggling with this for such a long time because I've always seen such BEAUTIFUL and IRRESISTIBLE rings at those places! And I would never bother to get those fashion rings resized professionally because A) it's not worth it and B) those type of rings aren't going to last a long time.

My old solution was to use these little plastic things called Ring Snuggies to adjust the size of the rings. However, these are really uncomfortable on my fingers and they are so hard to put on the actual ring. Plus, the Snuggies are so noticeable and it'll be weird to shake or hold someone's hand with it on the ring. Not to mention that they don't fit on thicker rings. Thus, this was not a solution for me and I quickly stopped using these. This meant that I had stopped purchasing rings.
Now let me introduce to you to E6000! This is a glue that "contains thick, permanent bonding adhesive. It’s a tough, flexible and highly versatile rubber based compound that exhibits exceptional adhesive, contact adhesive and sealant qualities. It’s washer and dryer safe". It dries clear and can pretty much adhere to any surfaces, including metals!
This is the infamous double cross ring from Forever 21. Unfortunately, even the smallest size 6 does not fit on my fingers without falling off. But this problem is about to be solved! All you have to do is apply a little bit of the glue to the inside of the ring like this. Then allow it to dry for 24 hours and then the glue will harden. After it's dried, it's very hard for the glue to come off.
Once it's dry, it'll look something like this. Now you have created a smaller gap between the ring and your finger. This glue is also build-able, which means that if the ring is a lot bigger than your finger, you can put a second layer on top of the first one once its dried.
Now the ring will fit on my tiny finger! It's not noticeable and I can wash my hands with my ring on my fingers without it falling out! It's so easy and affordable to resize any ring! You can purchase the E6000 glue at your local arts and crafts store, such as Michael's for less than $10. And the glue will last you for a really long time as well! This is my favourite solution when it comes to resizing fashion rings without breaking the bank. Now I can purchase any ring that I want without worry that it'll not fit on my fingers! (^_^)