Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

triple denim in tokyo
(J Brand jacket, ASOS shirt, American Apparel denim skirt, Uniqlo tights, Alexa Chung for Madewell Zowie boots, Proenza Schouler PS11 bag)

You wouldn't think it'd take a frigid few days in Tokyo to bring my denim jacket love back to the surface but this J Brand update has been serving it's duty as the perfect layering piece. I wore it over a patchwork denim shirt I ordered from ASOS a few weeks ago and the high waisted skirt I was throwing around all summer. So yes, triple denim, really. My bad. The jacket's extra long sleeves do an excellent job peeking out of most heavy duty outerwear worn on top, though this particular coat defeats all in a Chewbacca hug of fluffiness. So oversized is it that it almost renders everything worn inside moot but with enough strategic positioning Bryan took a shot where it's not swallowing the whole outfit. We took these while wandering around Yurakucho looking for ways to entertain ourselves, which we did not fail at accomplishing by a long shot. This is the exact area that I shot the Lumine campaign a few months ago so I played tour guide as well as translator for Team Us until we retreated back to our rooms at the Peninsula Hotel to warm up. I think I finally found winter.